Low speed spikes for months (Question)

Tags:

Gelo
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Gelo has received from other members.

comments: 3
Author

30 April 2017, 21:45

Hello.

I've been experiencing several latency spikes and low speed issues for some months already. These happen usually at night, between 20:00 and 22:00 but they could happen at any hour.

We're 3 at home and we all experience the issues, in any device (TV, PS3, PC, mobile...). The wi-fi works fine, is just the internet connection itself.

I just had one occurrence some minutes ago and the speed test said that I have 5 Mbps download / 10 Mbps upload, which is insane. I have Eir Fibre 70 Mb.

Are there any issues lately on the network around County Cork?

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 151
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

2 May 2017, 14:50

Hi Gelo,

Thanks for getting in touch & sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid it isn't possible to troubleshoot these issues from here.

I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901 option 2.

You can also use this link here to chat with one of our agents and they will be able to troubleshoot the issue for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Angel
  • Gelo
    Newbie Poster

Author

2 May 2017, 14:59

Thank you but I'm not happy with this response. I was under the impression that this was a technical support forum already.

Even without entering in technical troubleshooting steps, I'm paying for 100 Mb and the max I get is 20 Mb with luck. Isn't there any way to check why this is happening?

I did tests at my end and my network is working fine, is clearly in your side.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

3 May 2017, 11:59

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you PM your account number & name on the account? I'll look into this for you.

- Angel
  • Gelo
    Newbie Poster

Author

3 May 2017, 12:01

Sent. Thanks a lot.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

3 May 2017, 12:09

No worries.

I'll continue to respond to you in PM.

- Angel

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)