My eir - data usage displayed wrong, contract displayed wrong (Question)

Tags:
My eir ,

Helke
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Helke has received from other members.

comments: 12
Author

20 January 2017, 10:47

The data usage is displayed in KB - wrong! I am on my first day of the new billing month and the data usage displayed on my eir website in the table is 1563330 KB. That would be well over my limit of 1 GB. According to my calculations it is 1.49091 GB or 1526.68945 MB. Above the table, in the bar, it says 2 MB of 1 GB which is about the right amount of my usage, roughly, a half correct estimate, acceptable.

My question would be: when will this mistake be corrected? Apart from the correction, I do not think, it is good to display the usage in KB if one has an allowance of 1 GB. Displaying it in MB would be nice and easier to read (and calculate) for the customer...

Second thing wrong with my eir is, that it still tells me that I am on a "eir Mobile 18 month contract", even I asked in a chat to correct it and they confirmed, I only was on a 1 month contract - it is sim only contract. I find it confusing and I think, this also needs a correction. It says below: "Your plan is eir Mobile 100 1GB + Roaming SIM Only..." which is correct. I do NOT have any "bundle".

I hope that eir cares enough to take me serious and will make the changes. Displaying the data correctly will take a web programmer about 5 minutes (that includes time for a cup of tea). I am a bit disappointed that none of the problems have been corrected, even I mentioned those to eir agents a few times.

Would love the only reply by some eir agent to say: "Done!" That would make my day and all disappointments would be gone.
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 955
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

20 January 2017, 12:44

Hi Helke,

Thanks for getting in touch & sorry about this.

Thanks for highlighting the mistake on myeir. I've relayed your feedback to the relevant team to have closer look into this.

In relation to your contract, if you could PM me your account number, mobile number, PIN & name on the account? I'll take a look into this.
    We've always value our customer feedback's & suggestions & I can confirm the issue is highlighted with the relevant team.
    My sincere apologies for the Inconvenience.

-Addy
  • Helke
    Occasional Poster

Author

20 January 2017, 17:51

Sent the details as requested.
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

20 January 2017, 17:52

We've received your PM & we'll continue to respond to you in PM.

-Addy
  • Helke
    Occasional Poster

Author

20 January 2017, 18:05

I think, this is a general problem that does apply to the my eir website and I am sure that everybody on the same contract has the same problem. When the problem gets solved, the information might be useful to others too and it does not reveal any private information. For that reason, there might be no need to communicate by PM.

I am getting notified when there is a reply. I do not know whether I am notified when I receive a PM. I do not know this forum software
  • Helke
    Occasional Poster

Author

23 January 2017, 23:47

The my eir website is sooo broken. I am seriously wondering whether any checks were done before the website went live.

The additional problem is that it says:
    Your billing cycle
    Days remaining 9 of 31 days

Wrong. My billing cycle started on the 19th, meaning that it is today no more than day 5 of those 31 days. I am not sure whether I do my calculations correctly or whether eir does it in a different way that I do not know of. I think, I should have about 26 days left instead of 9. Question: what day of the month does my billing cycle really start?

Sorry about the sarcasm, but what am I supposed to think, if there is a lot of the information, that is provided, wrong.

Dear eir_addy, you have my account information and you can check it out. See attached screenshot from today, 22:41:56 (hours:minutes:seconds).

I hope, I will not find more problems.

1 Attachment

• eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

24 January 2017, 16:30

Sorry for the delay.

I'll get back to you in PM in relation to this.

- Addy
  • Helke
    Occasional Poster

Author

1 March 2017, 12:55

Just to update the community on the progress of all of the above Eir website problems...

I am pretty sure, you all guessed right: NONE of the problems have been solved. I guess that nobody even looked at them.

Is it fun to work for customer service or as a "community moderator" if customers point out problems but nothing is happening? I could not do the job.

I can deal with straight answers, e.g. the worst case: "this will never be fixed, we don't care about it". Replies like "I am sorry about this and understand your frustration, I have raised the issue with xyz" doesn't really do it for me. It is just talk, no action, until the customer gives up.

If Eir's politics about removing problems would be improving, I would be very happy to help to improve Eir's reputation (which currently is not very good). As long as this is not happening, I am also happy to update the community about Eir not solving any of its problems. Will that help improving Eir's reputation?

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)