Not getting near 100mb as not connected to the nearest exchange (Question)

Tags:

damogallagher
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation damogallagher has received from other members.

comments: 4
Author

20 April 2017, 15:32

Hi

I got connected to eir fibre on Tuesday. I was promised a speed of up to 80mbs but only receiving 30mb's

I contact eir tech support and multiple eir folks on this and they say the line from the exchange to my house is only capable of taking 32mb's
However - I am not connected to the closest exchange.
According to eir's coverage map (https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/) - I am connected to the exchange in the town when there is an exchange closer to my house
The exchange I am connect to is on the far left, I am the red dot and as you can see - there is an exchange a few hundred metres from my house

Would it be possible to connect my broadband from this exchange please?

Thanks
Damien

1 Attachment

• eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 68
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

21 April 2017, 13:28

Hi Damien,

I've responded to your PM.

- Angel
  • damogallagher
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation damogallagher has received from other members.

Author

21 April 2017, 17:21

I responded to this and it was deleted
    Response from eir Angel was
    I'm afraid this will not be possible as this depends upon the vacancies in that exchange, cabinets connected, capacity of those ports in the cabinet, capacity of the line etc

Eir can offer a better speed but they don't want to by the looks of things
  • damogallagher
    Newbie Poster

Author

21 April 2017, 17:24

test
  • damogallagher
    Newbie Poster

Author

21 April 2017, 17:33

my last 2 posts here have been deleted
    Will get the exact same service with vodafone- so goodbye eir :)
  • eir Pamelaeir Pamela
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Pamela has received from other members.

comments: 1081
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

25 April 2017, 14:15

Hi Damien,

Apologies for this, some of your comments may have been filtered by our Spam filter and I have this flagged. I'm afraid it is not possible to change the exchange you are connected to.

Thanks,
    Pamela
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)