You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
Newbie Poster
Incoming

incoming mail server (POP 3)

Hello,

I am using Microsoft Outlook to organise my email, but it has 'seized up'. Mail is going out, but not being received. So, has there been a change in Incoming Mail Server (POP 3)? I currently have webmail.eircom.net

Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
Incoming

re: incoming mail server (POP 3)

I'm back again - I have received a test message sent from my account to my account - but please note that I received it directly through the eircom site, not through my Outlook. In case it's of relevance, I should mention I am in Italy.

Please use plain text.
eircomAnthony
Topics: 14
Kudos: 42
Solutions: 181

I'm back again - I have received a test message sent from my account to my account - but please note that I received it directly through the eircom site, not through my Outlook. In case it's of relevance, I should mention I am in Italy.

Thanks for contacting the Forum.

Technical Support have advised that there are no issues with our mailservers, and all our mailservers appear to be fine.
I have also confirmed that your email is working fine on Eircom’s Webmail as well as on a 3rd party email client (MS Outlook)

Please try the following quick checks: 

I suggest first try removing your email account and then adding your one email account - on your email client.
Ensure that you use the correct mailserver and account settings on your email account setup - on your email client -:

Eircom E-mail settings:
Incoming Mail server type is POP3
Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
Outgoing Mail server type is SMTP
Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net

Next, try to test your email account with another email client; For e.g : MS Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird. You can also download a free email package online. This will help find if the problem is with your current email client. - http://bit.ly/gQm7qD

Try temporarily disabling your firewall and /or anti-virus applications.
If after this you are still experiencing this problem (pop up password), then you may need to contact the vendor or your email client and /or the vendor or you Firewall and /or anti-virus application

Let me know if you need any further assistance.  If you need to further clarification then you can call Eircom Technical Support.

Eircom Technical Support - 1890 260260 (low call)

Regards
Anthony M

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
Voyager

Hello,

I am using Microsoft Outlook to organise my email, but it has 'seized up'. Mail is going out, but not being received. So, has there been a change in Incoming Mail Server (POP 3)? I currently have webmail.eircom.net

I've been having the same problem and been working on it for days.  Finally I resolved the problem.

By turning off 'scan incoming emails' in my firewall I now receive all my emails as normal.  I use Avast! Free antivirus.

Please use plain text.
eircomAnthony
Topics: 14
Kudos: 42
Solutions: 181

I've been having the same problem and been working on it for days.  Finally I resolved the problem.

By turning off 'scan incoming emails' in my firewall I now receive all my emails as normal.  I use Avast! Free antivirus.

Hi Voyager,

Thanks for sharing this with the Forum.

I think there has been a general issue with AVAST - as there are quite a few similar posts on here.

Possibly this vendor did some kind of upgrade online and this affected their user clients, etc.

Cheers again.

Ant

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
Incoming

Thanks to both Anthony and Voyager.

I have tried both approaches separately and in combination. I tried switching off everything on Avast to do with incoming mail as well as removing and setting up anew the Outlook account. So I suppose the next step is to try that other client you were recommending Anthony.

Is it not a bit risky turning off all filtering of incoming emails on avast?

Please use plain text.