You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
Newbie Poster
Clive

eircom.net email

Hi

I did something with my iPhone and somehow screwed up my access to my eircom.net email account on that device, my laptop and iPad. I got on the website where I tried to reset it but apparently answered the security questions incorrectly. (Bear in mind my account has been running for years!). What do I do now please?

BTW I can still access my webmail account so can recive emails that way.

Thanks

Clive

Please use plain text.
eircomJames
Topics: 25
Kudos: 153
Solutions: 49

Re: eircom.net email

[ Edited ]

Hi Clive,

I have checked the email account and it's not blocked from our end. I am going to get this set up correctly for you though. First thing we need to do is give you the correct settings. I believe looking at an old case that these were given to you before but I'll post them here to be sure.

Mail server type: POP3

Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net

Outgoing mail server: **mail1.eircom.net (**this is only correct from an eircom line, will vary if you are sending from another providers broadband)

Next thing we need to do is set up 2 security questions (there are none set up at the moment) so I will list the options below and if you could private message me the answers I will add them to the account for you. Options for questions:

1. Favourite aunt, uncle, food, colour, country, first name of daughter, first name of father (Choose one)
  2. Favourite author, hobby, movie or sports team, Grandfathers first name, Fathers middle name, Pets name (Again, choose one)

If you like, you can also PM what you think the password should be and I'll confirm that too. If you would prefer not to send the password come back to this thread and we'll see what else we can do.

Thanks

James

Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
Clive

[ Edited ]

Hi

It turned out the pronlem was not mine but an Eircom emails outage occurred at the same time so I thought I had screwed up my email. It is OK now. However, let's set up access. Favourite auntie - ****

Thanks

Clive

Please use plain text.
eircomMark
Topics: 12
Kudos: 360
Solutions: 447

Hi Clive,

Glad it's all sorted now. We apologise for any inconvenience the outage may of caused. We appreciate you getting back to us.

Thanks, Mark

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.