You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
Newbie Poster
Selbeep

RECEIVER EMAIL SHOWS DIFFERENT SENDER NAME

Hi there,

I wonder could I get some help please.  When I send an email from my Eircom email account, the receiver's email shows it has having come from my husband.  He has his own separate account and I can't figure out how to change my settings. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Selbeep

Please use plain text.
eircomAnthony
Topics: 14
Kudos: 42
Solutions: 181

re: RECEIVER EMAIL SHOWS DIFFERENT SENDER NAME

Hi there,

I wonder could I get some help please.  When I send an email from my Eircom email account, the receiver's email shows it has having come from my husband.  He has his own separate account and I can't figure out how to change my settings. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Selbeep

Hi Selbeep

Thanks for contacting the Forum.

I am looking into your query and will advise you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Anthony M

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
eircomAnthony
Topics: 14
Kudos: 42
Solutions: 181

Hi there,

Thanks.

Selbeep

Hi again Selbeep,

I've looked at your email account on eircom's Webmail and run a quick test.

It seems to be fine. I've checked the preferences and filters and sent a test message.  All appears fine.

Are you using an email client like MS Outlook Express?  If you are, then perhaps check your email account settings.  The following website describes how to set up your email account.

www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'set up email'

You may wish to check that you don't have any thing in the 'reply' address.

If you are using an email client also, I would advise that you remove (or delete) and then re-create (or add) your email account again.

Here is a link for configuring /or setting your email account with  several different email clients - http://bit.ly/f5e7JZ

You might also wish to change your password, if you have perhaps inadvertently downloaded some mal /or spyware.  Here is the link for changing your eircom email password - http://autoreg.eircom.net/passwordchange/

Please let me know if you need further assistance,

Cheers Anthony M

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
Selbeep

Hi Anthony,

Thanks a lot for your reply.  Shortly after I posted my question I figured out what the problem was.  I went into Preferences / Mail / Accounts and under the heading "Change the name that appears in the "From" Field of email messages, the name that was showing there was my husbands so I changed it to my.  I don't know how that happened but it's fine now.  Thanks a lot for your reply.

Selbeep.

Please use plain text.
eircomTony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks a lot for your reply.  Shortly after I posted my question I figured out what the problem was.  I went into Preferences / Mail / Accounts and under the heading "Change the name that appears in the "From" Field of email messages, the name that was showing there was my husbands so I changed it to my.  I don't know how that happened but it's fine now.  Thanks a lot for your reply.

Selbeep.

Hi Selbeep

Glad to hear that . Anthony  is in later will advise him all ok.

Happy Christmas

Tony

Please use plain text.