You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
Visitor
deskon
Accepted Solution

Pop and SMTP settings

Hello, I have been using outlook 2003 to view my webmail for seven years. I recently got a new computer without access to outlook and have installed thunderbird. I am having desperate trouble getting it to accept the recommended server settings. Pop3 will not accept webmail.eircom.net or mail2.eircom.net and gets very antsy when I use mail1.eircom.net informing me that this server has little to no security. When I try to send mail using mail1.eircom.net for the SMTP I am informed that the authenticity certificates are out of date and are for a completely different company. Could someone please tell me what the correct servers,port numbers and security level settings are please.

As I now have to use eircoms online mail reader I also realise that they upgraded their mail system some two years ago and I am still on the old basic webmail,is this causing the problems.As I cant find anywhere on the website to request an upgrade I seem to have no way of ruling that out.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
eircomMark
Topics: 12
Kudos: 360
Solutions: 447

Re: Pop and SMTP settings

Hi deskon,

Can you private message me with your eircom telephone number or account number and the eircom.net e-mail address and I can send off a request to migrate it to the new webmail service.

I will also get back to you regarding a interim solution for the set up.

Thanks, Mark 

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.