You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
Belville

Can receive e-mails but not send

I have moved to the UPC broadband system, so maybe I'll be drummed out of here!

I want to keep my Eircom.net account and go on using Windows Mail. I can receive messages, but I cannot send them. When I try, I get the following error message ( I have deleted the name of the recipient). I get the same message for other recipients, too.

"The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.  The rejected e-mail address was '----------@iol.ie'. Subject 'Re: Router', Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 Relaying denied to domain iol.ie', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

The UPC people don't seem to know about Windows Mail. I don't want to use Outlook. Can it be fixed?

Belville

Please use plain text.
eircomTony

re: Can receive e-mails but not send

I have moved to the UPC broadband system, so maybe I'll be drummed out of here!

I want to keep my Eircom.net account and go on using Windows Mail. I can receive messages, but I cannot send them. When I try, I get the following error message ( I have deleted the name of the recipient). I get the same message for other recipients, too.

"The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.  The rejected e-mail address was '----------@iol.ie'. Subject 'Re: Router', Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 Relaying denied to domain iol.ie', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

The UPC people don't seem to know about Windows Mail. I don't want to use Outlook. Can it be fixed?

Belville

Hi Belville

No problem, you can post queries here. However if you have changed provider you will also have to change outgoing server address ( SMTP). You currently have this set to  Account: 'mail1.eircom.net' but are sending through the UPC connection.

You should contact UPC re correct address.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Franc

I've had a similar problem, having recently transferred to the UPC wireless service. Unfortunately UPC tell me it's an Eircom problem, that they don't let people use their servers who have left the fold but wish to hold on to their @eircom.net address. Say it ain't so?

Please use plain text.
eircomMark
Topics: 12
Kudos: 360
Solutions: 447

I've had a similar problem, having recently transferred to the UPC wireless service. Unfortunately UPC tell me it's an Eircom problem, that they don't let people use their servers who have left the fold but wish to hold on to their @eircom.net address. Say it ain't so?

Hi Franc,

I will look into into your query and get back to you later today.

Thanks, Mark

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
eircomMark

Hi Franc,

Have you tried changing  SMTP outgoing settings from eircom to UPC?

Thanks, Mark  

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Franc

Cheers Mark!

I was going to send you a ranting pm but I have to become a full subscriber or something to dish out abuse!

Franc

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Franc

Please use plain text.
eircomMark

Cheers Mark!

I was going to send you a ranting pm but I have to become a full subscriber or something to dish out abuse!

Franc

Hi Franc,

Just to make sure did the change of settings work for you?

Thanks, Mark

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Franc

Sorry for the double post below... Yeah, the SMTP is at smtp.ucpmail.ie Incoming is at mail.eircom.net

I've also tried mail1.eircom.net but to no effect as it seems to be a SMTP problem.

This fyi is the error message with the undeliverables:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject:    
Sent:    14/02/2011 11:59
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
'xxx@eircom.net' on 14/02/2011 11:59

550 5.1.1 recipient rejected 89.100.112.164 is in RBL

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

Please use plain text.
eircomMark

Sorry for the double post below... Yeah, the SMTP is at smtp.ucpmail.ie Incoming is at mail.eircom.net

I've also tried mail1.eircom.net but to no effect as it seems to be a SMTP problem.

This fyi is the error message with the undeliverables:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject:    
Sent:    14/02/2011 11:59
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
'xxx@eircom.net' on 14/02/2011 11:59

550 5.1.1 recipient rejected 89.100.112.164 is in RBL

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

HI Franc,

I will look into it further and get back to you with an update later today.

Thanks, Mark

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.