You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
Newbie Poster
lodger

eircom homepage and email

does anyone else have this problem

At times the eircom homepage does not load onto PC and a timed out message appears suggesting that I reload the page. most times after reloading I get connected . This has only started inthe last few weeks.

I am suspicous because I supplied my email & password to a pop up box on the Eircom homepage This box offer a new improved service and that I should supply this info .. 

A few days later I noticed a message from eircom not to supply this info. 

I suspect that this is the cause of my problems.

Can anyone suggest further action

Thanks

Please use plain text.
eircomAnthony
Topics: 14
Kudos: 42
Solutions: 181

re: eircom homepage and email

does anyone else have this problem

At times the eircom homepage does not load onto PC and a timed out message appears suggesting that I reload the page. most times after reloading I get connected . This has only started inthe last few weeks.

I am suspicous because I supplied my email & password to a pop up box on the Eircom homepage This box offer a new improved service and that I should supply this info .. 

A few days later I noticed a message from eircom not to supply this info. 

I suspect that this is the cause of my problems.

Can anyone suggest further action

Thanks

Hi lodger

Thanks for contacting the eircom Forum and apologies for any delay responding.

From what you say, if you're having problems loading webpages, you may have an issue with a computer virus, or spyware.

You may need to contact an 'Anti-virus' Vendor /or retailer, who should be able to suggest a best approach to resolving your issue.

If you need to remove spyware, try to get a good anti-spyware application - and run this a couple of times. You should also do a general maintenance check on your PC (i.e : dump temp files, cookies and history in your Internet options).

I would suggest also trying a different Internet browser (for e.g: Mozilla Firefox).   Your Internet browser may be corrupted or may need to be updated.  If the latter, please refer to the vendor (e.g : Microsoft) or to their updates website.

Please let me know if I can assist further on this or any other issue.

Kind regards

Antony M

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
lodger

Hello Antony,

Thank you for your reply.

I am only having a problem loading the Eircom .net and then the email page 

I have also tried accessing through firefox , but it is still the same.

While the eircom .net page is loading I have noticed a tob with "uploading" on it 

Is this normal?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
eircomAnthony
Topics: 14
Kudos: 42
Solutions: 181

Hello Antony,

Thank you for your reply.

I am only having a problem loading the Eircom .net and then the email page 

I have also tried accessing through firefox , but it is still the same.

While the eircom .net page is loading I have noticed a tob with "uploading" on it 

Is this normal?

Thanks

Hi lodger

Thanks again.

Do you have any problems pinging our website?

If you open up your command prompt /or DOS prompt/ on your computer. You can do this by clicking on 'start' then selecting 'run' and type in 'cmd' and click OK.  Or, you can hold down the window's key and press the letter 'R' at the same time; Release both keys and this should open a 'Run' window.  Type the word 'cmd' and then press OK /or open.

This will open a black window /or command prompt window.

Now, simply type the following where the 'cursor' is flashing and press Return:

ping www.eircom.net

(press return).

If you get replies from www.eircom.net, then you would be advised to look over my previous post.

If not, then I suggest you take a look at your firewall(s) or anti-virus applications, which may be blocking your access.

It sounds like you have some software problem. Unfortunately eircom cannot support third party software like anti-virus programmes or firewalls.

Please let me know if i can help you further.

If you need to call into broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); hrs : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun)

All the best

Antony M

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.