You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
Occasional Poster
nagleantai
Accepted Solution

Speedtest

My broadband is terrible atm, can someone check it out for me please. http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8744/speedtestsd.jpg

Please use plain text.
eircomTracey
Topics: 3
Kudos: 99
Solutions: 37

Re: Speedtest

Hi nagleantai,

I have looked into this for you.

I have conducted tests to discover that there are no issues with the line itself and my tests have confirmed that there may be an interference occurring to your services and this interference is the result of your internal setup at your socket. Can you please follow this link to ensure that you have your modem, phone and filter/splitter connected accordingly and as advised: http://bit.ly/PIBDSK

If the issues continue please contact our technical support team on 1890260260 (telephone number and option 0) They will troubleshoot with you over the phone to resolve the issues.

Unfortunately this is the best advice I can offer.

Thanks

Tracey

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
nagleantai

Connection Keeps Dropping

Any idea why my connection keeps dropping tonight, it's been happening since 10.15pm approx. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
nagleantai

[ Edited ]

Hi Tracey, I haven't done anything different to our internal setup so I don't know why this is happening. As for doing what is in the link, I wish I could but as I am disabled I cannot get down to the socket as unfortunately it is down on the skirting board. Do Eircom cater for disabled people in that they put the connection higher up so that we can reach it ourselves without having to depend on someone doing it for us. Someone will do it for me eventually I know but I would rather be able to reach it myself. Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
eircomMark
Topics: 12
Kudos: 360
Solutions: 447

Hi nagleantai

I ran some more checks and compared them to the ones Tracey ran a few days ago. The telephone line is testing perfectly.

The speed to the main socket is showing.

Downstream
Synced at: 8128kbps
Provisioned: 160-8192kbps
Attainable: 8128kbps  

I spoke to managers and they confirmed the connection has been steady over the last 24 hours. They did advise if you call them on 1890 260 260. They can arrange the new Zyxel D1000 to be sent out.

I appreciate you may not be able to set it up yourself. However it does have a better wifi capabilities / range that can be set up when at any time you have someone available to do so.

Thanks, Mark

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
nagleantai

Hi Mark, I called that number you gave me & a new modem is being sent out, thank you very much for that help. Perhaps you could pass on my concerns about disabled people not being able to reach the connections on the skirting board. I know Eircom have a current code of practice for people with disabilites but this does not seem to be covered there. Thank you again for your help. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
nagleantai

Re: Connection Keeps Dropping

[ Edited ]

Wow, I searched through the site trying to find this post (the one about the connection dropping btw) and saw 8 pages of queries about this, that is a lot, there were perhaps more but my page showed 8. I didn't bother reading through them all, hopefully when my new modem comes it will solve my problems. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
eircomTracey

Hi nagleantai,

Hopefully this resolves your issue and your service will improve.

I have also sent on your concerns to higher management.

Thanks

Tracey

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
nagleantai

[ Edited ]

I got my new modem during the week & have been testing my connection at various times & days. As you can see it has improved so much, thank you for sorting this out for me. :smileyhappy:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1259/speedtest2i.jpg

Please use plain text.
eircomTracey

Hi nagleantai,

That's great to hear, I'm glad this issue has been resolved for you :smileyhappy:

Please don't hesitate in coming back to me if you have further issues.

Thanks

Tracey

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.