You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
Newbie Poster
carrollf
Accepted Solution

Cannot get to router settings!

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I have a Netopia router that I have connected to an Apple airport extreme base station and have enabled DHCP on the apple base station (and turned it off on the Netopia router). This all works fine for internet access (and my home wifi network) however I can no longer connect to the router to get to the configuration/settings page. I know the IP address of the router but putting this into the browser does not connect. Can anyone advise me what I should do?

Please use plain text.
eircomTony

re: Cannot get to router settings!

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I have a Netopia router that I have connected to an Apple airport extreme base station and have enabled DHCP on the apple base station (and turned it off on the Netopia router). This all works fine for internet access (and my home wifi network) however I can no longer connect to the router to get to the configuration/settings page. I know the IP address of the router but putting this into the browser does not connect. Can anyone advise me what I should do?

Hi carrollf

This link to our broadband trouble-shooting guide and modem set-up may point you in the correct direction. Thise second link to set-up guide to Netopia should have all relevant info on set up.

If you still cannot get to the configuration / set-up give our Broadband tech support team a call on 1890260260 and they may be able to advise on this.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Cromdubh

I have my Netopia 3347 (with wireless disabled) connected to my Time Capsule - I can never remember if the Airport in it is Express or Extreme!

I use an AE plugin base station in another part of the house to extend the range to an old PC laptop.

My internet connection in the Time Capsule Airport Utility is in Bridge Mode which allows me to get into the Netopia quite easily with a browser.

Beware! This may be why I have not been able to get a home wifi network up and going!!!

Any suggestions re setting up a home wifi network would be welcome! I am awaiting a "Network for Dummies" book! A bit challenged when it comes to networking. I came across "Bridge Mode" pretty well by accident  when trying to change my DNS servers.

I hope this is of use

Please use plain text.
eircomAnthony
Topics: 14
Kudos: 42
Solutions: 181

I have my Netopia 3347 (with wireless disabled) connected to my Time Capsule - I can never remember if the Airport in it is Express or Extreme!

I use an AE plugin base station in another part of the house to extend the range to an old PC laptop.

My internet connection in the Time Capsule Airport Utility is in Bridge Mode which allows me to get into the Netopia quite easily with a browser.

Beware! This may be why I have not been able to get a home wifi network up and going!!!

Any suggestions re setting up a home wifi network would be welcome! I am awaiting a "Network for Dummies" book! A bit challenged when it comes to networking. I came across "Bridge Mode" pretty well by accident  when trying to change my DNS servers.

I hope this is of use

Hi Cromdubh,

Thanks for your query and contacting the Forum.

eircom Technical Support have advised that they do not provide direct support for setting up Local Area Networks (LAN).  They have advised that you will need to contact a Network LAN Admistrator.

Unofficially, alot of these local area networks are quite easily setup using online sources and Tutorials. For e.g : you can follow a similar set up on Youtube or google search :

(If you have any problem opening the websites below, please copy & paste the URL into your Internet browser address bar.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u3hNRZWMcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNcHChJhBgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyTLPl5t-0Q&NR=1&feature=fvwp

eircom Netopia routers are setup by default as 'not bridged'. However you can change this setting on the router interface :

Type the following IP address into your Internet browser address bar : 192.168.1.254

Click Go to

Select 'Expert Mode'

and then 'Configure'

Click on 'Connnection' and then select the appropriate options from the dropdown menus : 'Bridging' = enabled and 'Protocol' = Bridged ethernet.

I hope the above will be helpful.

If you need further advice or information on the netopia router you may want to check with Technical Support :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Kind regards,

Antony m

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.