You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
Newbie Poster
ChristyFM

Problems with Wifi

Hi,

We have been having a lot of problems with the wifi in the house. Devices such as phones and my son's X-box keeps disconnecting. It is driving us all crazy!

I have been through the usual problem solving solutions with technical support. This happens periodically and we stick with Eircom but I'm just wondering should I change after nearly 20 years.

I think I'm just in a poor exchange area and the broadband line is so poor, is that correct? I think the line is unable to take more than 4mb is that correct, although mine download is only about 2.5mb at the best of times?

Regards

Christy

Please use plain text.
eircomTracey
Topics: 3
Kudos: 100
Solutions: 37

Re: Problems with Wifi

Hi ChristyFM,

I'm sorry to hear the issues you are having.

I have checked this for you and I can confirm the maximum capability of your line is 'up to' 4 mb speed. The line will not exceed this.

I have conducted several tests on the line and there is no indication of any issues from here, however the more devices you have connected at one time does weaken the strength of the service.

The only channel that can conduct further tests is the support channel I'm afraid on 1890 260 260 (option 0) Sorry I can't help you any further.

Thanks

Tracey

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
ChristyFM

Thanks Tracey, I'll ring that number. Chris

Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
ChristyFM

Hi Tracey,

One more thing, do you have a date when the e-fbre will be available on my phoneline?

Regards

Chris

Please use plain text.
eircomTracey
Topics: 3
Kudos: 100
Solutions: 37

I have checked this for you now Chris and the eFibre has been upgraded in your exchange however the service also needs to be enabled at your address for the service to work and I'm afraid this has not been done as of yet. Unfortunately we have no lead time or roll out lists for the addresses being upgraded. Eircom will contact you when it's available to order in your area.

Thanks

Tracey

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.