You are here: eircom.net homepage » social » forums
dinkle78
Accepted Solution

Line Rental Allowance for pensioners

Hi,

I'm emailing on behalf of my elderly neighbours - they are both over 70 and are in receipt of a non-contrib pension. I believe they are entitled to a Line Rental Allowance of €25.90 per month but to date, they have been paying the full line rental. How would they go about setting up their account to be credited with this Line Rental Allowance and also being reimbursed for previous full line rental they have paid?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
eircomMark
Topics: 12
Kudos: 360
Solutions: 447

Re: Line Rental Allowance for pensioners

Hi dinkle78,

When customers become eligible for the social welfare telephone allowance they just need to call the social welfare department and register for the allowance for which they are entitled.

If you ask your neighbours to call the telephone allowance section in the department of Family & social affairs on 1890 500 000 (then press option 5) With all their eircom account details.

The telephone allowance section will contact eircom once they have processed the application to advise they will be pay the line rental for those accounts going forward.

As far as I am aware I believe they also will backdate the line rental (but you may need to check with them)

Many thanks, Mark

Common questions answered here!

Click here to PM me
Please use plain text.